So the good news of Tim Cook donating his entire fortune to charity was hailed with delight from lefties and of course news outlets ready to blast this information out loud and proud.

However the good deed does have some highly questionable motives behind it, and why like many other high paid executives, CEO,s etc that do the same thing either throughout their careers or at the end of them, this one been painted as a saint.

Before I carry on I applaud any gift to charity, but a charity gift that is used as a marketing tool makes me sick.

I'll explain, I make no gripes that I don't like Samsung handsets, not for a long while anyway, but you have to question the timing of Cooks generosity. Samsung this week have started to take orders for their new handset Galaxy S6 which is Apple iPhones closest rival, the same week Cook decided to bleat out and grab headlines for Apple. Almost killing off the Samsung marketing campaign in one click of a "publish to marketing machine button".

Well call me a cynical old bastard all you like but this stinks to high heaven, rather than spending money on charity, wouldn't it be best to reinvest that cash (although I understand its Cooks personal cash, not Apples) into paying fair wages to the staff that make their products in Chinas backyards. Lets face it - Apple have a solid history of employing (indirectly) children inside their supply chain over the last 5 years.

Anyway, I now have got this off my chest now, and relax.