When it comes to talking about the GOTY there are many games that are worthy pending the type of games you may play. I play many games a year, and spend way too much on games than i'd like, but an addiction is an addiction and this one is going nowhere. Anyway I had to think long and hard about what my top 5 games were going to be, and trust me it wasn't easy, but here you go...


5. South Park: The Stick of Truth

Now I'll admit i'm a true lover of RPG's, and when I heard that there was going to be a South Park RPG developed and overseen by Trey Parker and Matt stone, I knew the game

would be great, but when I first began playing, it struck me as PERFECT. Not only did the game make you feel as if you were really apart of the South Park world, it was full of all the humor of the show, from LOTR parodies to a consistency of fart jokes. Despite it being South park to the core, the RPG element of the game was not lost in the background. There was quite a hilarious abundance of spells, and some questionable but funny summons (Mr. Hanky & Big Gay Al). You still had the ability to level up, gather many weapons, and explore the whole town of South Park without feeling as if you were limited. This game was made for South Park fans and gamers alike, and it's certainly earned it's way onto this list.

 4. Super Smash Bros

I know to many this game should be in my top 3 if not number 1, but that would honestly just be awarding it the spot by title alone. SMB is easily the number one game on my list if I was going for pure replay value and entertainment alone, but i'm not. SMB still makes it in the top 5 because it brings out the true competitor in you and all those sharing that screen with you. Smash is full of well known characters, stages, and weapons, among giving you the ability to create your own characters (Mii) and level's to your hearts desire. Smash is the one game that can bring friends and families together, and at the same time tear them apart, I would know from experience. Nonetheless this game is a must buy, and if you don't own a Wii U yet, now's definitely the time to fork up the cash.


 3. Grand Theft Auto 5

Where does one start when it comes to GTA? The beautiful world? The immense amount of side quest? The Hoes?.....This game has it ALL, and till this day continues to deliver, with the upcoming Heist mode. GTA5 is a game that is more than worthy of this list. The characters are great, the guns are top notch, and the story is well worth the playthrough. There's so much I can say about this game, that i'm actually finding it hard to put it into few words. Rockstar is no slouch when it comes to the developement of their big name titles, and GTA5 is most definitely their greatest title ever made to date.

 2. Shadow of Mordor

I'll be the first to admit that i'm a huge LOTR fanboy, but that's not why this game is number two. Honestly this game surprised the hell out of me. Although many would claim that the game ripped off of Assassins Creed and the Arkham games, it certainly dd it well. The action in this game went where no other LOTR's game has gone before, delivering intense action sequences that kept you on your toes, and sweet decapitations to finish your foes off. SOM also does a great job of filling in some gaps in the LOTR lore, which certainly any fanboy/girl would appreciate. SOM is set in an open world, which also had it's fair share of sidequest, and the nemesis system incorporated into the game was nothing short of pure genius. SOM brought something new to the table this year and was successful with it. That's why this title earned my number two spot.


 1. Dragon Age: Inquisition

Dragon Age Inquisition is nothing short of brilliant to say the least. Dragon Age Orgins was great, and Dragon age two was....ok, but Inquisition was pue perfection to me. I never felt the need to put so many hrs into a game until now since the day's of Skyrim and Mass Effect. The world of Fereldon is massive to say the least, and I spent 8hrs alone in the Hintherlands right at the start of the game, without even touching the story. Character creation is definitely on point, with tons of ways to create your player of choice. The action in the game plays out smoothly, and no matter your character class, you never feel as if you made the wrong decision. Dragon Age is the first game since Mass Effect, that made me care about the characters, and put every bit of consideration into who I wanted in my party at any particular time, and it was never an easy decision to make. To this day I have spent over 70hrs in this game, and I don't believe i'm anywhere near finish but yet I keep going back for more. Bioware struck gold once more with this title, which I myself was skeptical of, but now I feel that it warrants the title of GOTY.