So the Nexus 6 has shown up, complete with a spec sheet. Now reading through all the specs and I'm not sure if its going to be a stroke of genius by Motorola or they will miss the goal like they did with the second gen Moto X.

My worry being the screen vs battery power struggle which the battery will lose, quickly.

Yes I'm aware the N6 will sport default ART which is a first and I'm sure that will help the battery BUT the 3220MAh battery has that huge AMOLED QHD screen to throw pixels around.

Looking at the LG G3 which I guess is the closest we have in terms of screen and battery (along with many other specs), that managed to last a day of usage. Which we found to be reaching for the charger after a days abuse by 7pm...on gsmarena.com LG G3 it gets a 69h rating- you can compare the spec sheet here

One issue with the Moto X 2nd gen was its piss poor battery life which stopped me from buying it and I cant help but think Motorola have shot themselves in the foot again, faster CPU, more memory, bigger screen; are we set for another Nexus disappointment ? let the hate mail begin, but the N5 suffered from the same fate, terrible battery life in an otherwise excellent device.

Apple iPhone 6 also has an average battery life, and here is a golden chance to show how Android is the best platform for large screen handsets, setting itself apart from Apples flagship; with a pure Android experience too.

I want the N6 to succeed, I really do...Motorola just has a history of knocking itself out just as it reaches the 12th round.